Mon, Aug 09|
2021 Fall Development Session
• 8 weeks • 16 hours of development ice. • 16 hours of off-ice classroom. • 16 hours of dryland development sessions. • 8-10 Games • Bandit Hockey Jersey
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2021, 5:00 PM – Oct 10, 2021, 9:00 PM
Rec Center, 21 Elton Hills Dr NW, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
About the event
· 8 weeks
· 16 hours of development ice.
· 16 hours of off-ice classroom.
· 16 hours of dryland development sessions.
· 8-10 Games
· There will be two sessions.
· There is room for 60 skates total / 30 skaters per session / broken into 2 pods of 15 per skate.
· Your assigned POD will be your team.
· The first ice session of the week will concentrate on Edgework and Power Skating with gameplay at the end.
· The second ice session will concentrate on small area skill development, in a 6 stations format, 2 new stations will be introduced each week, with a 3-week rotation (first week introduction to new skill/station, next week turn it up a notch, last week perfection)
· Each week there is a classroom session were things can be slowed down and taught. Each we a differnt skill set is introduced in class.. that skill is introduced into dryland and also the on-ice sessions so that players work on this skill for 3 full weeks
· Each week there is a dryland session. Here we introduce the skills that will be taught in classroom over the session and allow the players to practice off ice before they hit the ice. Dryland is an 8 station rotaion concetrating on hockey skills but also agility, strength training and flexability.
· Local, experienced, developmental coaches
· Guest and celebrity coaches from around the state
· Mary Knoll Barn dryland sessions
· Team bus for traveling games
· Bandit Hockey Jersey
· In conjunction with the skaters we will have a goalie specific style camp.
· There is room for only 8 goalies/ 4 per session.
· This will allow 6 separate small area game/ skill set stations with net tenders at 4 of them.
· The goal is to have 2 goalie coaches at each session so it is a 2-1 ratio.
· One of the goalie coaches will be the point person who will work with the main coaches in effort of providing games (while the power skating sessions are going on) and help design small area games/ skill set stations designed for both skater and goalie skill development.
· The goalies will also participate in the dryland sessions.