We will host two separate development sessions…. a spring session and a fall session
· 6 weeks sessions both in the spring and fall
· 12 hours of developmental ice
· 6 hours of off-ice classroom
· 6 hours of dry land development
· The first session of each week will concentrate on Edge work and Power Skating with game play at the end.
· The other session of each week will concentrate on small area skill development with game play at the end
· Experienced, developmental coaches.
· BANDITS team jersey.
· We do not to not forget about our goalies.
· We execute a mini goalie camp within the 6 week session.
· All skill stations and small area games and skill stations will have net tenders so they are NEVER sitting still nor acting as shooting targets for the skaters.
· Our goal is to have one goalie coach for every two goalies.
· The goalies will also participate in the dry-land sessions with the skaters.
· We will cap registrations at only 8 goalies per spring and fall sessions, 4 for summer camp and 24 for the goalie camp in June.
Our dry-land sessions are where we introduce skill sets and teach concepts about the game before doing it on the ice.
The goal is to slow things down, teach, demonstrate and explain the details of the skill that will be introduced that week on ice.
The stations not only concentrate on what was introduced in classroom but also teach other important aspects such as nutrition, responsibility, agility training and more.
The Rochester Bandits has partnered with ONE Athletics in NW Rochester. ONE Athletics staff specialize in youth core strength training as well as agility and conditioning. For the older players, basic to moderate strength training is offered.